Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Leprechuan Hunt!!! (Free Printables)


   I've recently been preparing a leprechaun hunt for my son and his cousins. This has been a yearly tradition that my sister started when our oldest nephew was young. 15 years later - I'm continuing the tradition with my own son. HERE, I've included some FREE printables for you to use as clues for a leprechuan hunt of your own. These are 4x6 Jpeg files. I've done them this way so that they can easily be uploaded and printed at your store of choice (or at home). See, I have this thing about wasting expensive ink on my printer... and costco photo prints are so cheap.
I have to admit.. Some of the rhymes may not flow as well as I would like - but, hey... I don't think the 5-year-olds will notice. ;) I've included 2 different versions of clue #1. This is so that you may do the hunt before or on St. Patrick's Day.


Clue #1 may be left inside your house, wherever you desire..

Clue #2 should be left on the back door of your house.


Clue #3 should be pinned to a tree outside.


Clue #4 - (Obviously) on the front door... :) On the porch or inside the front door, also leave a box of Lucky Charms.


Clue #5 - Add green food coloring to some milk. Tape clue #5 to the bottom of the jug. 


Clue #6 - Leave a comb on the bathroom counter. Leave clue #6 opposite the mirror so it can be seen in the mirror's reflection. Another fun idea I saw on a blog last year (which I can't remember the name of) - Add a couple drops of green food coloring to the toilet water. Use green poster paint to make footprints on the toilet seat.

This is my mom's toilet I "decorated" last year for the hunt. I actually used green food coloring on my hands for the footprints, since it's all I had. It wiped off the toilet seat easily... not so much, my hands. ;)

Finally, cut out tiny green footprints from construction paper and leave a trail of them to your final destination. Here, you can leave a pot of gold chocolate coins or other special treats for the kids to find. I hope this has been of some help. Enjoy! :)


https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9DLOp_FD-r-eFhUNnJHN2hYRU0/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment