Monday, November 15, 2010

My Favorite Things

Let me tell you about my blog.
The purpose of it is to share my favorite craft ideas, recipes, and other tips that I have found to be useful or fun as a stay-at-home mom.
Over the past year or so, I've started to realize that being a mom is a very multi-faceted role. Through the eyes of your young child, you're everything to them. When they're hurt, you're their nurse. When they're hungry, you're their cook. When they need to talk, you're their listening ear. When there's no one else to play with, you're their playmate. When it's their birthday, you're their event planner. Anyway, you get the idea...
Needless to say, with so many roles to fill it's important for parents to have resources to turn to for help. I've often turned to parenting books and magazines, cook books, blogs, my own parents, and mother-in-law for help. And from these resources I've picked up some pretty good tips and ideas to make the stay-at-home life more fun, simple, and enjoyable. That's where this blog comes in to play. I'd like to share some of my favorite things that I've learned on my journey as a parent. Being a stay-at-home mom doesn't have to be all work, no play. It should be fun! And when you enjoy what you're doing, it shows. My hope is that my blog can inspire others with new ideas to live better, dream bigger, and have fun.
Yeah.... that last part wasn't cheesy or anything, was it?? (Insert sarcasm)

No comments:

Post a Comment